We boarded a flight at 8 pm (Houston time) on our way to our new home, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The first flight (Houston to Doha) was 14 hours and 45 minutes. The kids did EXCELLENT!!! They were so excited to be on an airplane and really soaked up all their surroundings. The ate, played and watched movies before they finally passed out. They slept about 6 hours and then were up ready to eat again. We landed in Doha, got on a bus, went throught security, got on another bus taking us to our connecting flight and before we knew it, we were taking off again. The second flight (Doha to Kuala Lumpur) was 7 hours and 40 mins. The kids were a little more antsy the second time around. We had mandatory rest time and they both fell asleep and woke up with about 2 hours remaining. We landed at 9:10 am KL time. We got to our hotel and got checked in. We went for a walk in KLCC (city center). Checked out the local mall and grocery store. Then our real estate agent took us to see our new apt. (which is not ready yet). By the time we got home, we could barely hold our eyes open. After a PBJ sandwich and bath I had 2 kids in bed asleep in record time. (7 pm) I thought we were doing so good until about 4am. Both kids up and as wound up as ever. It is now 9 am and we are about to start our first full day in Kuala Lumpur!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, I didn't know ya'll had already left! I'm so excited for you guys and a little jealous. Benadryl and tylenol PM works magic to get adjusted to the time zone. And, whatever you do, don't take naps. It will prolong the jetlag. I can't wait to hear (and see) all your adventures.
Post a Comment